Saturday, July 3, 2010

10 Essentials For Summer

So W.C.P seems to be heading in a different direction as more of a blog for inspiration rather then sketches. Although they will continue; also get excited for an upcoming belt I finished just in time for the 4th of July.

So without further ado the top 10 things every man needs from the feet up. Shoes are up first!

1. Sperry Top-Siders: No Explanation needed. Although Sperry reigns supreme when it comes to boat shoes if you want something a little different check out Sebago.


2. White Bucks: Though hotly debated, I think these are an absolute must for summer. They go great with seersucker, nantucket reds, and maybe even jeans if you can pull it off. You can find some cheap ones at Bass Shoes.

2 comments:

  1. I've been seeing a lot of articles and discussions on whether the bucks/sperrys should be worn sockless or not. I always wear my penny loafers sockless with shorts but not with trousers. What's you opinion, socks or sockless?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it really depends on the season. For spring, summer, and maybe early fall depending on where you live, I would say always go sockless it creates a really great look of nonchalance. This goes for trousers as well as shorts, but with pants make sure you show a little ankle. During summer and spring I would say always go sockless unless you have a very formal event to attend. For winter and fall I'd say it's definitly doable but only in places where its realativly warm, eg. Southern California; Going sockless in freezing weather would just look silly.

    p.s. If you don't want to go sockless but want it to look that way; then their are low profile socks you can find at target etc. in the womens hosiery isle.

    ReplyDelete